Saturday, March 1, 2014

Japanese Food in Manila: John and Yoko


japanese restaurant in greenbelt manila
When I was out for a stroll in Greenbelt 5 in Makati City, Philippines, I passed by this restaurant named John and Yoko. The name interested me good enough, but what interested me more was that it is a Japanese restaurant. The Beatles fan in me flailed in excitement at the thought of the name, but the food enthusiast in me (and yes, my rumbling stomach too) wanted to try what kind of Japanese food they offer. 

I tried the pork gyudon set meal with lots and lots of onions and mushroom. Honestly, there is nothing really special with their food. It's just a normal gyudon set that is actually quite pricey for such a meal. Prices in this restaurant range from P300-P600 per set. I think you can get Japanese food with the same (or maybe better) quality as compared to this for a much cheaper price.

The ambiance in the restaurant is also quite average. It is not as posh as I expected restaurants in Greenbelt to be but it's not bad at all. Lights in the restaurant are quite dim and reddish. What attracted me were the colorful drawings of Japanese characters on the wall and on the chairs.

My experience in John and Yoko was not amazing but it's not so bad that I would not want to go back anymore. I would still consider giving it a second try if I find myself anywhere in the area. I still want to try their sushi, who knows, it might be their redeeming factor.





No comments:

Post a Comment