Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Homey Capsule Hotel: Nagoya Wasabi Guesthouse

I stayed in this capsule hotel for three nights this February. As I've already read a lot of horror reviews about capsule hotels, I was surprised to find out that this guest house is opposite all of those stories. Nagoya Wasabi Guesthouse is not only very clean and quiet, it is also very homey. 

The lobby of the hotel is very welcoming. There are card games and board games on display that you can play with friends. There are also free post cards that you can get or you send to your friends or family back home. You can also purchase a stamp from the concierge to send your postcards. How convenient! The guest house is also renting out yukatas for Y1000 per night. 

And because my first night in their hotel is on Valentine's day, my friends and I were given Valentine's Day cookies as a welcome gift.

best-capsule-hotel-nagoya
Hotel lobby
cheap-capsule-hotel-nagoya
Free Valentine's Day treat

The guest house has five floors. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th are mixed dormitories while the 5th one is exclusively for female. We chose the exclusive floor. The room is surprisingly very quiet. I am happy that I got to stay there with really decent and quiet travelers who didn't make any kind of noise to disturb the others. The shared toilet and shower room are also very clean. There is a personnel assigned to clean it everyday. I bumped into the cleaning lady one morning. Your "room" which is the capsule might be small but don't estimate its convenience. It has all the amenities you need: safe box to put your belongings, a TV which can be converted to a PC (ahuh!), and a warm futon to comfort me during the night.

clean-capsule-hotel-nagoya affordable-capsule-hotel-nagoya

This capsule hotel is only 7 minutes away from Nagoya station. The location is not only very convenient , it also very cheap. One night costs around Y2,200.

No comments:

Post a Comment