Saturday, February 13, 2016

Delicious Looking Melon Pan in Hakuo Bakery Cafe

Last night, I watched the first episode of Takizawa Hideaki's (Takki) old drama Mayonaka no Pan-ya san that featured a selection of delicious looking bread - melon pan being one of their specialties. So when I spotted a nice bakery on the corner of the street, I immediately entered, scouted the racks and put melon pan on my tray. Added by the coincidental detail that I was dragging my large luggage behind me, I felt like little lost Nozomi in the drama, finding her way to Boulangerie Kurebayashi. And yes, instrumental jazz was also playing in the background. Too bad, there was no Takki-looking guy at the counter of the bakery.


Hokuo Bakery is found behind Lumine Department Store in Ikebukuro at the South Exit of Ikebukuro Station. Prices of bread range from Y150-Y200. You can also get a small cup of coffee or tea for Y230. 

No comments:

Post a Comment