Monday, February 10, 2014

A Potential Horror Scene?



     The sight of empty trains comforts me.

     Riding jampacked trains everyday is always a hassle, this is why, getting on an empty train relaxes me. Although, I have to warn you that this is a very rare occasion. It only happens if I am traveling in a very unholy hour (like very early in the morning -when I say "very early," it literally means "very early" like taking the first train at about 5:00 in the morning). It also depends on which train line I am using. There are train lines that are jampacked as early as the first train and I hate taking them. I love taking the local train to and from Kotesashi, Saitama because the trains, no matter what time of the day it is, are usually almost empty. 

     There is a sense of peace in riding an empty train, a sense of solitude, a sense of comfort. But at same time, it instigates a sense of fear too. Because being in an empty train is so rare (at least to me), it appears like a potential setting for a Japanese horror scene, doesn't it? In a moment like this, the protagonist is sitting all alone on an empty train. A bloody girl starts crawling on the ceiling of the train as tiny red drops of blood fall on the untarnished silver floor. When a drop falls right in front of the protagonist's feet, she wonders what it is and then slowly looks up and finds the bloody girl dangling upside down from the ceiling with her disheveled hair swaying right in front of the protagonist's face. 

     Sounds like a good scene? The next time you ride an empty train in Japan, do not let your guards down. It might be a comforting sight, but it could be something else.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment