Monday, February 3, 2014

A Visit to Vantan Design Institute



     Today, I went with my friend, Ron Vy, to the Vantan Design Institute to inquire about their Japanese language program because she is planning to enroll this April. Vantan is only among the many fashion schools in Tokyo, but what is good about their program is that they are offering Japanese language courses that can be taken independently or in conjunction with the fashion courses. See Vantan's website here.

     Vantan requires N2 level of Japanese to enter the fashion courses and since I am still on N5, I will have to wait several years before I can enter the fashion program, that is, if ever I have the time to do so (and the money to afford it, since I need to save at least a million yen for a year's worth of tuition for the weekend classes). I took a fashion styling class at the Fashion Institute of the Philippines when I was still in Manila, but it is really my long-time dream to get into a fashion school in Tokyo. This dream seems a little far at the moment, since I am still in the process of entering the Ph.D program in Waseda University, but at least, I am not that far from it as I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment