Saturday, February 8, 2014

Places to Visit in Tokyo: The Official Giants Store

official giants store tokyo giants baseball
          I chanced upon the Official Giants Store when I went to the Tokyo Sky Tree, and oh boy, I totally went crazy upon seeing it! The fangirl in me literally went nuts at the sight of the words, "Official Giants Store." Who would have thought that this fiery orange store is actually a shop selling all kinds of merchandise related to one of Japan's strongest baseball teams, the Yomiuri Giants. At first glance, this shops looks like a toy store to me, or maybe a franchise of some hyaku yen store. Good thing, my senses were good enough to immediately process what it really is.

yomiuri giants store sky tree 
     
          At the entrance of the store is this large board with information and news about some of the members of the team. The board is even designed with these cute hearts as Valentine's Day lurks around the corner. 

hayato sakamoto giants yomiuri giants awards
          Also on display are some of the trophies won by the Giants in the recent years. A few autographed baseball bats are also on sale but I did not bother to check how much they cost because they might cause me my whole fortune!

yomiuri giants baseball team sakamoto hayata yomiuri giants player
          There are a lot of different merchandise in the store ranging from the more popular ones like the Giants uniform and gym bag to the smallest ones like key chains. There are also uchiwas, stuffed toys, pencils, bookmarks, post-its, name it, they have it. I honestly cannot remember all of them. There are so many cute stuff I honestly don't know what to buy! I just decided to bring home a plastic folder for souvenir, which cost me only Y315 yen. Of course, it features my favorite Giant, Sakamoto Hayato # 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment