Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Outside my Window

winter in japan
It is my first time to see snow falling outside my window.
    
         I had been to a snowboarding trip to Niigata a month ago, so technically, this is not the first time that I actually saw some snow. The experience is totally different though. Going to a place to see snow makes you feel like you don't own the snow there.  It feels like you just borrowed a moment in time to experience the snow. But seeing the small white flakes fall beautifully right outside the window of your room gives you a surreal feeling, contrary to how natural the falling of the snow appears to be. The snow is falling right outside my window, not in some other place that I have to go and visit. It is falling right on right on top of my roof, just outside my balcony, out on my street in front of me. This time, tt is definitely mine to claim for all I want. This gives me a sense of ownership to the snow, to the experience.

        I honestly had no plans to go out today, but since it is snowing, I went out and let the flakes stain my purple coat and hot pink uggs. The simple pleasures of life make us realize how blessed are. We don’t need grand moments, just a quiet simple moment like this, and you realize how blessed you are for being able to see something as beautiful and as natural as this all for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment