Saturday, February 8, 2014

Finally Here: Waseda Vs. Keio Baseball Match



     This is the moment when it struck me that yes, I am finally living my dream. 

     It has been my dream for the longest time to study at Waseda University. It took me six long years of tormenting wait, frustration and internal battle to finally fulfill it. I only used to like and reblog Waseda photos on Tumblr before, silently praying in my heart to be a part of it one day. But during this moment, when I was there to watch the Waseda Vs. Keio baseball match for the first time, I was singing and cheering for Waseda, not just as a fan, not just as an aspirant, but finally as a student. 

     At that moment, while belting out the Waseda hymn, I realized that finally, the dream had come true. I was watching the match with my own two eyes and taking photos with my own camera. And now, I'm posting this photo on my own blog and not just reblogging someone else's.

     *** To read my article on the Waseda Vs. Keio Match originally published in Pinoy Gazette, the pioneering Filipino newspaper in Japan, please see this online link.

No comments:

Post a Comment